Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Much Has Happened

I apologize for not responding back to my regular readers. Please understand that I just moved and started a new job. I'm caught up in an investigation at my previous place of employment and I have a new nephew.

So let me catch you up on the details.

First and most importantly, my nephew was born at 10:22 a.m. on Friday September 12th. He weighed in at a small 5 pounds and 9 ounces. However, he is quite healthy and doing just fine. As a matter of fact, I just fed him and he ate like a little piggy.

I started my new job last night at the pizza and deli shop. It was a good evening. I have several friends who work there, so it was a fun time catching up with them.

The investigation at my previous place of employment is under way. Apparently Pooper was up to more than just trying to steal company software. I have learned that he is on unpaid leave until the matter is resolved. I've also learned from some co-workers that the investigation is a mere formality. He's pretty much fired. On Monday afternoon I was called by a representative from the company's security department who interviewed me for about 45 minutes over the phone. My representative from the temp agency was involved in the call to make sure things didn't get out of hand. Yesterday I was contacted and asked to write up a written statement giving my account of the situation and then forward that to both the investigator and my rep from the temp agency. At the end of my statement, I made it very clear that I had cooperated in every was I was asked and as far as I was concerned the matter was closed at my end. I want no more to do with it. I have taken another job, moved to a different city and just want to get on with my life.

On a happier note, my new diet and exercise routine is starting to work. I've lost 5 pounds in the past 8 days. WOOHOOO !!!!! Just 37 more to go and then I will put myself out on the market and try to find a mate.

Ok, I have to go now. I still have not finished unpacking. There is still much to do.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hey, I was looking at my old posts and noticed that you commented one of them and I didn't know... so don't think that I'm like, a bitch or something.
It was the post about feeling like I'd been punched in the jaw.
It turned out that I had a sinus infection. It was terrible!!

I haven't read your other posts but it looks like you've had some fun times with jobs and moving. :)