Monday, July 14, 2008

Work ....... Sort Of

I have been working for a Fortune 100 company in the Cleveland, Ohio area for the past six months through a temporary agency. I have worked hard to prove myself and finally was acknowledged by my supervisor as an outstanding employee. He kept promising me that I would be a permanent employee soon with a nice raise in pay and all the fringe benefits.

Well, today he informs me that the company has lost money the last two quarters and future business forecast isn't looking good. I may have a job until August or September at the latest.

This sucks more than a warehouse full of industrial strength vacuum cleaners. Just when I was finally on my own two feet again with things looking up, the rug is getting pulled out from under me. I can see it now, by fall I will be living off of unemployment benefits, renting a room off of my parents again, feeling like a maggot, and if I don't keep strong .......... back in the bottle.

No comments: